Wednesday, February 25, 2009

My Baby's going to school!!!!...sort of

So Jovi is officially a preschooler...starting this september. I signed her up today at Noah's Ark Preschool. She will be going tuesdays and thursdays from 9-2pm. Not knowing what the next year is going to hold, I thought this would be a good transition. If we homeschool, she'll be fine, if we do Veritas, she'll be used to a 2 day a week schedule and if we do regular school (public or private), this will be a good transition.
Here's the funny thing. I talked with the director and found out all the info-when to register, cost, how registration works, etc. Registration was on a wednesday and I (and Jovi) have BSF those mornings and wouldn't be able to make it when they opened the doors at 10 am. She told me there were only 2 spots left for Jovi's age group. I just left it in God's hands. We got there at 11:30ish. No one was there in line or anything, so we missed the rush. This also meant that we probably wouldn't have a spot and she would be wait-listed. I told the woman what age group we were there for and she said "We have one spot left.". I was floored. All I could say was "that is the grace of God".
So now we are praying for a smooth transition for her come this fall. She is doing a summer camp for the month of June, same days only from 9-12. All about transition. She is such a smart child. I am praying she will be challenged and it will be a nurturing environment for her. She has such a love of learning and I don't want anything to get in the way of that.
One last story...I love this story. So I got a book for Christmas called "Leading Little One's to God". I may have already mentioned it...Jovi calls it "Reading Little One's to God". Anyways, it's kind of like a catechism. It starts with creation and how God created the earth, etc...and moves to each major story/theme in the Bible. We were reading about Jesus' ascension and I was going over the questions at the end of the section and I don't remember the question, but Jovi's response was "Oh, Mom! I know this one. I learned it last year in Mrs. Hill's class!". Mrs. Hill was her teacher in BSF last year when she was 2. Such a blessing. More later....

No comments: